Friday, May 7, 2010

Completed Quiet Book

I realized the other day that I hadn't ever posted pictures of the Quiet book when it was all bound together so I figured it was time to do that.  I decided it was also time to fix the first binding.  I'd used button holes like I had planned and since I was so terrible at them I had my sister-in-law make me some.  They were lovely and I thought they were exactly what I wanted until I put my binder rings in and I was really unsatisfied.  I just didn't like the way it looked.  I thought about it for a while and finally decided that grommets was the way to go so I picked some up at Walmart.  The reason I'd settled on button holes was because I didn't want to pay for the grommets but they were well worth the $6 (I had to buy the tool as well).

In my recent crafts I've used both pound on snaps and now grommets and I've decided that anything that uses a hammer and a special little tool adds such a finished look to the product.  I've been so satisfied with both projects and I think they look a lot more professional because of the snaps/grommets.  I'm now starting to look around for more projects they can be used on.  The only thing that would have made the grommets more successful was being patient enough to wait for a day that didn't have severe wind warnings.  Twice I had to chase after pieces and I think my cow finger puppet was a casualty.  It can be remade though and it feels great to have it completed.

In case you didn't catch the first round of the quiet book I've linked back to those posts you can see the each page.

The cover - I love this fabric
The back page has a pocket so any loose pieces can be put in there in a hurry (I thought this was a great idea but I've never actually used it).


Here are the links to all the pages I've made
Page 1&2 - the Tree & the Bee
Page 3&4 - the Goldfish and the Button on Letters
Page 5&6 - The Barn and Dress up Catie
Page 7&8 - the Tent and Red Light/Green Light
Page 9&10 - the Mailbox and the Dress

7 comments:

Sharon@thisthriftyhouse said...

Darling! Nice Jobe Laura!!

Olivia said...

That is so cute! I love it!
You're invited to Of Such is the Kingdom's first birthday blog bash! Come to see old posts revisited and to win lots of prizes!
suchakingdom.blogspot.com

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

This is beautiful! (visiting from Someday Crafts)v

- Brittany aka Pretty Handy Girl said...

Oh so cute! My mom made me a quiet book when I was a child. This brought back fond memories. Thanks for sharing!

Brittany (aka Pretty Handy Girl)
http://www.prettyhandygirl.com

Amy said...

You did a great job!! I want to make a couple of these for Christmas Presents. From what I understand I need to start on them now! Thanks for sharing your book!

Ashlee Marie said...

I grew up with an amazing quite book. My mom made one for my kids, but it's not the same. This one is adorable! I'd love it if you'd link up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's (still going on today!) http://imtopsyturvy.com

Richelle said...

So cute! Good job!