Wednesday, April 4, 2012

What Catie Wore Wednesday #72

I found this "dress" in a pile I'd forgotten about so I put it on her, check out those sleeves.  She definitely won't wear it again especially because it was so short.  I tried to convince her to wear something else but she insisted in staying int his all day.  I enjoyed the two hats she's wearing and the headband though.

Watching tv with Daddy on Sunday afternoon.  She's wearing a pretty dress, every time I put it on her she says "Princess"

"Painting" her nails with an old make up brush.  She likes to paint Mommy and Daddy's too.

Here's a random Catie tidbit for you.  In the car we often listen to Disney music, Catie loves to guess what movie each song is from and I don't mind the music, plus anything that entertains her in the car is a bonus.  There is one song though that Brad and I cringe every time it comes on.  It's from Pocahontas and is called Savages which should be enough right there to see the problem... as soon as they say the word the first time Catie pipes up from the back seat, "Savages!  Savages Mommy!"  She repeates this many times during the song.  Hopefully this doesn't carry on anywhere other than than the car as it could lead to a very awkward moment.

We bought this puzzle at the dollar store and it's prioved to keep her busy for far longer than I anticipated. She got to be really good at it far quicker than I thought she would.

She wanted to wear a pretty dress today but she was already in clothes and I didn't want to change her so I suggested she wear the cape I made her for Halloween instead (that she refused to wear then).  She loved it today and wore it for quite some time.  Her pink ruffle headband is always her princess crown.

We asked Catie if she wanted to go to the park the other day and we were both disappointing that we didn't have the camera rolling.  She jumped up shouting, "Yay, the park!" and continued to jump up and down.  Mommy was freezing but she had a blast which is all that really matters.


Catie and Daddy on the slide

Wearing Daddy's very large pajama shirt


And finally, my favourite, her brand new bicycle.

I told her we were going to the store to buy her a present and as soon as she saw the bikes she was ecstatic.   We ended up having to go to a few different stores and every time we left empty handed she was devastated.  When we finally found one she immediately plopped onto it while I payed and then cried for her bicycle all the way to the car as I carried it.  I put it on the backseat next to her and she rode home with her hand on it the entire way.

Don't be fooled by the photo though, she looks like a tricycle riding pro but she hasn't actually figured it out yet and it's too cold to go outside and try so I think it will be some time until she masters the skill.  So far she just sits and watches tv on it and she sure thought it was a treat when I let her eat lunch on it yesterday.

1 comments:

Jenn said...

I love the one in Daddy's big shirt. What a cute girl.